Registering a Thunder Device to Harmony Controller¶
- Login to Harmony Controller portal, by opening a web browser and then navigating to URL like https://<the management IP address of Harmony>/login/root, and then login with valid credentials.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Clusters page.
- Click on Add Cluster.
- At the Add Cluster modal, specify the cluster type, provide a cluster name and a description.
- Provide the cluster device info., e.g. device hostname or management port IP address, country or region, device login credential, etc. and click Save.
The Registering Device modal will show up and show the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
- If not registered, navigate to Organization > Tenants page, then create the required tenant(s).
- Go to Infrastructure > Clusters page, mouse-over the right-aligned 3-dots of the newly added cluster, then click Provision. In the subsequent Provision modal, specify a tenant for each device partition, then click on Provision.
Similarly, the Provisioning Cluster modal will show up and shows the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
- Mouse-over the right-aligned 3-dots of the cluster again, and click Scan Cluster Config., after confirming, the Scanning Config of Cluster modal shows up and shows the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
This step will take about two minutes, and after a successful Scan Cluster Config, the existing configurations of the Thunder device will fetch to Harmony and then populated into the corresponding logical partitions and device partition of Object Explorer.
Note: To view detailed information on the objects or configuring the Thunder objects of Object Explorer you can refer to Online documentation.