Object Explorer is the portal inside Harmony Controller, where an administrator can configure both application level configurations (ADC/CGN/GiFW/etc. configurations), and device specific configurations (system or network settings), and can deploy these configurations to device partition at a later point of time. It also eases the Harmony deployment with existing Thunder setups, and Object Explorer also supports scanning both application level and device specific configurations of Thunder device to Harmony, after successfully registering Thunder device to Harmony (along with several quick steps, i.e. cluster Provision and Scan Cluster Config.).
Object Explorer consists of concepts such as Logical Partition (LP) and Device Partition (DP). LP is for application level configurations management, and DP is for device specific configurations management. Both LP and DP provide functions of Save, Discard, Compare and Deploy:
- Save: On updating any LP or DP configurations within Object Explorer, clicking Save will save the latest configurations into a new version of configuration profile, which would be available for revisiting later on, and the new version of configuration profile will turn into the Candidate version of the LP or DP under question, which can be deployed to Thunder device partition.
- Discard: On updating any LP or DP configurations within Object Explorer, and the administrator would like to rollback to the last saved version, click Discard.
- Compare: On series of successful Saving of updated configurations of LP or DP within Object Explorer, the administrator would like to check some configurations from a history version, and possibly compare them with the ones in the current or a particular version, go to the Compare modal.
- Deploy: The core function in charge of pushing the LP and/or DP configurations to Thunder device partition.
Registering a Thunder Device to Harmony Controller¶
- Login to Harmony Controller portal, by opening a web browser and then navigating to URL like https://<the management IP address of Harmony>/login/root, and then login with valid credentials.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Clusters page.
- Click on Add Cluster.
- At the Add Cluster modal, specify the cluster type, provide a cluster name and a description.
- Provide the cluster device info., e.g. device hostname or management port IP address, country or region, device login credential, etc. and click Save.
The Registering Device modal will show up and show the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
- If not registered, navigate to Organization > Tenants page, then create the required tenant(s).
- Go to Infrastructure > Clusters page, mouse-over the right-aligned 3-dots of the newly added cluster, then click Provision. In the subsequent Provision modal, specify a tenant for each device partition, then click on Provision.
Similarly, the Provisioning Cluster modal will show up and shows the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
- Mouse-over the right-aligned 3-dots of the cluster again, and click Scan Cluster Config., after confirming, the Scanning Config of Cluster modal shows up and shows the auto-refreshed progress, and completed status.
This step will take about two minutes, and after a successful Scan Cluster Config, the existing configurations of the Thunder device will fetch to Harmony and then populated into the corresponding logical partitions and device partition of Object Explorer.
Note: To view detailed information on the objects or configuring the Thunder objects of Object Explorer you can refer to `Online <https://<thunder-management-ip/gui/static/a10help/online-help/ADC/SLB/Virtual_Server/Virtual_Server/Virtual_Servers.htm>`_ documentation.