On-boarding Thunder to Harmony Controller¶
To on-board the first time users on Harmony Controller follow the below sequence:
- Provider first time logs in on a fresh Install
- Administrator first time login while the Harmony Controller is already set-up
Note: Both users can use the following but few options will be limited for a new user flow post set-up based on the role.
System Set-up checks
- NTP set-up
Time should be in sync while performing installation or there are possibilities of unsucessful deployment. Refer to Network Time Protocol section for additional information.
If Thunder and Harmony clock are not in sync we need to set the clock using Harmony Controller’s operator console.
Check the time on Harmony box using the command “date”:
[root@ip-10-0-1-101 ~]# date
Tue July 10 10:32:32 UTC 2019
Check the time on Thunder box using command “sh clock”:
Note: We allow +30 seconds difference between thunder device and Harmony Controller, even if Thunder lacks one seconds behind harmony controller time, you will not see Thunder device in TDM are unavailable.
Harmony Controller and Thunder Compatibility
Check Harmony Controller Version
Check ACOS version
Verify Harmony Controller compatibility with Thunder
Network reachability between Harmony Controller and Thunder
- telnet <harmony ip> 8443, 8080, 2222 - Check port reachability from Thunder to Harmony using floating IP
- telnet <harmony ip> 9093 - Check port reachability from Thunder to Harmony using external IP for each node in case of three nodes.
First provider is set-up during HC install
Refer to Installation on Custom Resources (singlenode) section or Installation on A10 Hardware Appliances (Software Installation on one Harmony Controller 2000 Appliance) to set-up first provider during installation.
Create one or more tenants based on your needs.
Refer to Adding a Tenant to add tenants.
Refer to Adding/Assigning Users to create users.
Set-up remote authentication
Refer to Multiple Authentication Methods section to set-up remote authentication.
Add Harmony Controller Apps for users to Manage Services
- Install any additional apps, if needed
- Update installed apps
Refer to Harmony Apps documentation available at Installing an Application to install or update the apps.
Add Devices or Clusters: Set-up the Infrastructure
- Add cluster, devices
- Provision cluster partitions to tenants and name the Logical Partitions
- Scan configuration behavior and Cluster Partition assignments
- Re-assign of Logical Partition
Refer to the Infrastructure documentation available at Device Management or Managing Thunder Devices to set-up the infrastructure.