Installation documentation describes installation steps for a simplistic environment. However, A10 HarmonyTM Controller software can be installed in various environments with advanced installation options. Feel free to contact A10 Customer Support with detailed information of your environment for exploring advanced installation.
Undeploy A10 Harmony Controller Software¶
In case something goes wrong with the Harmony Controller software installation, it can be deployed again without impacting the application traffic. Old installation of software should be undeployed properly in order to successfully install the controller software again. Script to undeploy is included with the installer. However, it is recommended to contact A10 Customer Support before running the script.
Factory Reset of Appliance¶
A script to Factory reset of the Harmony Controller Appliance is included in the installer package. However, it is recommended to contact A10 Customer Support before running the script. While contacting, please provide the controller software version information i.e. what was the version when appliance was shipped and what version it is running now.
A10 Harmony Controller Upgrade¶
You can upgrade the Harmony Controller from the following versions 4.1.0, 4.1.0p1, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.1p1 or 4.2.1p2 by following the steps mentioned below and make sure the pre-requisites are met prior to the upgrade.
Overall Upgrade Steps¶
Following steps should be carried out for upgrading the Harmony Controller software:
- Login to the devices and download the Upgrade Scripts and Packages
- Login to the devices and download the tar file of the upgrade scripts on the VM and also required packages and Docker images need to be downloaded.
- Unpack and run upgrade script
- It needs to be unpacked to obtain the upgrade script. This upgrade script needs to be run with appropriate parameters for upgrading the Harmony Controller software.
- Upgrading Harmony Controller deployed on Custom Resources
- Upgrading Harmony Controller deployed on Single Node
- Upgrading Harmony Controller deployed on Three Nodes
- Upgrade on A10 Hardware Appliances
- Software Upgrade on one Harmony Controller 2000 Appliance
- Software Upgrade of Cluster on two Harmony Controller 2000 Appliances
- Software Upgrade of Cluster one Harmony Controller 8000 Appliance
- Software Upgrade of Cluster on two Harmony Controller 8000 Appliances
- Setting up Disaster Recovery
- Initial Primary and Disaster Recovery Site Configuration
- Best Practices of Disaster Recovery
- Procedure at the Time of Disaster
- Procedure when Primary Site is Back
- Disaster Recovery Metrics